As winter draws to a close the Namatjira Gallery Restaurant has launched it’s newest menu. Still featuring favorites such as the Namatjira Tasting Plate and Dundee Spring Rolls you can now also try Crispy Skin Duck served with pickled vegetables, black rice and citrus glaze.
A long time favorite has been the lemon and rosemary lamb cutlets and to coincide with the new menu our head chef Mark Jones has been kind enough to share his recipe for creamy blue cheese polenta which is a perfect accompaniment to the meal.
Blue Cheese Polenta
- 1 Lt Vegetable Stock
- 1 Kg Polenta
- 100 Gm Blue Cheese
- 50 Gm Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- Salt & Pepper
1. Bring stock to the boil and reduce heat.
2. Whisk in polenta in a steady stream, add blue cheese and Parmesan cheese and stir constantly for five minutes.
3. Add cream and continue to stir for a further minute.
4. Pour polenta mix into a flat tray and refrigerate until firm.
5. To serve, cut into portions and lightly brown top and bottom on frying pan.
Mark serves the blue cheese polenta alongside the lemon and rosemary lamb cutlets with steamed greens and tops it off with a red wine jus.
To try some of the menu for yourself contact Glen Helen reception to book a table in our restaurant. Already dined with us? Tell us about your favorite item on the menu in the comments section.