Follow the Red Centre Way
Located 130 km’s from Alice Springs or 260 km’s from Kings Canyon enjoy a scenic journey into the heart of the West MacDonnell Ranges.
Phone: 08 8956 7489
Fax: 08 8956 7495
Driving Directions from the East (Alice Springs):
- Follow Larapinta Drive west on signs to Hermannsburg
- Travel approx 50km
- Turn right onto Namatjira Drive at the Glen Helen sign
- Follow the sealed road (Namatjira Drive) 80km to the signs to Glen Helen Gorge
- The Glen Helen Gorge/Resort entrance is on the left.
Driving Directions from the West (Kings Canyon- 4WD*):
- Drive North from Kings Canyon on sealed road (12km) which then becomes the unsealed Larapinta Drive (Mereenie Loop Road)
- Travel approx 120km
- Turn left onto Namatjira drive, a sealed road, at signs to Tnorala and Glen Helen
- The Glen Helen Gorge/Resort entrance is on the right after approx 100km.
* Please note that at this stage ONLY 4WD vehicles are recommended on the unsealed Mereenie Loop Road. The road can be quite rough and could be dangerous as up-keep is limited. Please drive at a safe speed on this road.
Visit http://www.ntlis.nt.gov.au/roadreport/ for up to date information on road conditions